The Encore Society
Chicago Opera Theater's Encore Society is an inspiring group of forward thinking opera lovers who want to support the future of bold, moving, and accessible opera in Chicago. These commitments are integral to COT – helping us to continue presenting exciting premieres and unique productions to the community for years to come.
When you make a designation of any size through bequests, insurance policies, IRAs, or any other legacy-giving asset provision, you become a member of COT's Encore Society. If you have made such arrangements, please let us know by contacting COT Director of Development Ashley Magnus at [email protected] or 312-704-8420 x211.
- Exclusive invitations to Encore Society Events, including the Annual Encore Society Dinner and Reception, and other luncheons and meetings as available
- Special invitations to rehearsals
- Opportunities to meet guest artists and COT Stefan Edlis and Gael Neeson General Director Andreas Mitisek
- Quarterly Newsletter with updates on COT and Legacy Giving trends
- Recognition in COT playbills, website, and other acknowledgement outlets as appropriate
Ways to make a planned gift to Chicago Opera Theater
There are several options to provide a legacy gift for Chicago Opera Theater. Many provide significant tax benefits to you or your heirs. Please talk to your financial advisor or estate attorney about the best option for you and your family.
Estate designations for the future allow you to make a generous commitment now without affecting your current income.
Options for giving in this way are:
- Including COT in your will or trust through a bequest
- Naming COT as a beneficiary on a retirement asset (such as a 401(k), IRA, investment account, etc) or on a life insurance policy
There are also options that provide a steady stream of income for yourself or your loved ones with significant tax advantages, including Charitable Remainder Trusts or Gift Annuities. These types of planned gifts pay out to you or your beneficiaries for your lifetime or a specified time period, and gifts the remainder to Chicago Opera Theater.
If you have any questions, or would like to make us aware of a planned gift, please contact Ashley Magnus at [email protected] or 312-704-8420 x211.