Who is Chicago Opera Theater?
- A perfect marriage of music and theatre.
- A provider of first class productions of operatic repertoire that specializes in the greatest works of the 17th, 18th, and 20th centuries.
- A producer of intimate and innovative productions presented by top-tier, internationally renowned conductors, directors, and designers.
- A developer of the most talented young artists in the world.
- A founding company of the Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park.
- An integral part of Chicago's cultural landscape.
Founded in 1974 by Alan Stone, Chicago Opera Theater (COT) has carved a significant place for itself in the operatic life of Chicago and has reached an audience of hundreds of thousands through its mainstage performances, community engagement, education programs in Chicago Public Schools, as well as its renowned Young Artist Program.
Chicago Opera Theater is a proud member of OPERA America