Chicago Opera Theater for Teens: Teen Director
In the upcoming spring semester at Senn High School, Chicago Opera Theater is looking to hire a qualified Teen Music Director. The Teen Director will be available to Chicago Opera Theater for the creation, production, and completion of the COT for Teens program.
- Voice instruction to all assigned students
- Articulating program and student outcomes
- Serving as a liaison between COT and CPS
- Planning and managing preparation for Senn High School and COT for Teens performances
- Collaborating effectively with COT teaching partner, COT admin team, and CPS partner teachers
- Other rehearsal and performance activities as mutually agreed upon between COT, the Teen Director, and the school
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Music or Theatre Arts and/or related experience or training.
- 3 or more years of teaching experience (preferably with teens).
- Teaching instruction experience in voice, dance, musical performance for the actor instruction.
- Able to create and implement a new curriculum for musical theatre study that is both theoretical and practical.
- Piano skills (basic accompaniment in the classroom).
Interested candidates should send resume & cover letter to the Director of Education and Outreach, Linden Christ, [email protected]